The Grill Used to Be

Located on Gurley Street, so-named for the many establishments that once housed “ladies of the evening,” today’s Gurley Street Grill serves the finest quality food and beverage in a friendly, relaxed and informal atmosphere.  The present-day historic structure was constructed of local brick, some of it salvaged from the rubble of the Great Fire of 1900, which destroyed The Mulvenon Saloon, a wood frame building originally located on the site.  The Gurley Street Bar soon rose from the ashes of the Mulvenon, and one can still see soot-blackened brick scattered GSG line drawingthroughout the structure.  At the turn of the century, the upstairs rooms were comfortably furnished and rented by the hour or by the day.  They now serve as private banquet rooms to accommodate large parties.  The Peterson-Burge Family commitment to uncompromising quality and service and a sophisticated bistro menu has made the Gurley Street Grill one of the nation’s Top 500 ranked restaurants.